Julius Tabin was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa (PBK) honor society due to outstanding academic achievement. PBK honors the best and brightest liberal arts and sciences undergraduates across the nation through a highly selective, merit-based invitation process. Julius was also elected to the Sigma Xi honor society due to noteworthy independent investigation and research. Sigma Xi honors excellence in scientific investigation and intends to encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering.
- Meet Qikiqtania, a fossil fish with the good sense to stay in the water while others ventured onto land
- Neil Shubin and Yamuna Krishnan were awarded prestigious research grants from the International Human Frontier Science Program Organization
- New paper by Dr. Joaquín Letelier et al. on Shh/Gli3 gene regulatory networks and paired fins is out now.
- New paper by Dr. Katie Mika et al. on the microbiome of skate eggs out now.
- Congratulations to Dr. Tom Stewart who will be joining Penn State Department of Biology