Two University of Chicago scientists received grants from the International Human Frontier Science Program Organization (HFSP). Neil Shubin, PhD, Robert R. Bensley Distinguished Service Professor of Organismal Biology and Anatomy, and Yamuna Krishnan, PhD, Professor of Chemistry, were each rewarded a highly competitive Research Grant from HFSPO, which provide three years of support for international teams involving at least two countries. The collaborative research grants are given for a broad range of projects under the umbrella theme “Complex mechanisms of living organisms”.
- Meet Qikiqtania, a fossil fish with the good sense to stay in the water while others ventured onto land
- Neil Shubin and Yamuna Krishnan were awarded prestigious research grants from the International Human Frontier Science Program Organization
- New paper by Dr. Joaquín Letelier et al. on Shh/Gli3 gene regulatory networks and paired fins is out now.
- New paper by Dr. Katie Mika et al. on the microbiome of skate eggs out now.
- Congratulations to Dr. Tom Stewart who will be joining Penn State Department of Biology