We are excited for Dr. Tom Stewart who will be joining the Biology department at Penn State as an Assistant Professor in 2022. His lab will study the evolution and development of fins and limbs, with the aim of understanding the basis of morphological novelty. He is currently recruiting students and postdocs in a wide range of research interests including diversity of fishes, genetics and development, paleo, funct.morph., neuro, and biophysics. Please do reach out if you think there’s a fit.
- New paper by Dr. Joaquín Letelier et al. on Shh/Gli3 gene regulatory networks and paired fins is out now.
- New paper by Dr. Katie Mika et al. on the microbiome of skate eggs out now.
- Congratulations to Dr. Tom Stewart who will be joining Penn State Department of Biology
- Congratulations to Dr. Shiri Kult on being named a Zuckerman Scholar
- Julius Tabin nominated to Phi Beta Kappa and Sigma Xi honor society.