We are excited for Dr. Tom Stewart who will be joining the Biology department at Penn State as an Assistant Professor in 2022. His lab will study the evolution and development of fins and limbs, with the aim of understanding the basis of morphological novelty. He is currently recruiting students and postdocs in a wide range of research interests including diversity of fishes, genetics and development, paleo, funct.morph., neuro, and biophysics. Please do reach out if you think there’s a fit.
- Meet Qikiqtania, a fossil fish with the good sense to stay in the water while others ventured onto land
- Neil Shubin and Yamuna Krishnan were awarded prestigious research grants from the International Human Frontier Science Program Organization
- New paper by Dr. Joaquín Letelier et al. on Shh/Gli3 gene regulatory networks and paired fins is out now.
- New paper by Dr. Katie Mika et al. on the microbiome of skate eggs out now.
- Congratulations to Dr. Tom Stewart who will be joining Penn State Department of Biology