Our research team has discovered a close relative of Tiktaalik, the four-legged “fishapod” that journeyed from water to land 375 million years ago. Unlike Tiktaalik, “Qikiqtania wakei” opted for life underwater. Read the full Nature research article here, or you can read The New York Time’s press article here.
- Meet Qikiqtania, a fossil fish with the good sense to stay in the water while others ventured onto land
- Neil Shubin and Yamuna Krishnan were awarded prestigious research grants from the International Human Frontier Science Program Organization
- New paper by Dr. Joaquín Letelier et al. on Shh/Gli3 gene regulatory networks and paired fins is out now.
- New paper by Dr. Katie Mika et al. on the microbiome of skate eggs out now.
- Congratulations to Dr. Tom Stewart who will be joining Penn State Department of Biology