On the 1st of June, Dr. Gayani Senevirathne defended her dissertation on Embryological, transcriptomic and regulatory approaches to the origin of the novel frog body plan. She is joining the Capellini lab as a Postdoctoral scholar at The Department of Human Evolutionary Biology at Harvard University.
- Meet Qikiqtania, a fossil fish with the good sense to stay in the water while others ventured onto land
- Neil Shubin and Yamuna Krishnan were awarded prestigious research grants from the International Human Frontier Science Program Organization
- New paper by Dr. Joaquín Letelier et al. on Shh/Gli3 gene regulatory networks and paired fins is out now.
- New paper by Dr. Katie Mika et al. on the microbiome of skate eggs out now.
- Congratulations to Dr. Tom Stewart who will be joining Penn State Department of Biology